Create a CTR manipulation campaign for your Google My Business profile using this tutorial.
Tip: Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need help setting up the campaign. It might seem like there are many steps, but in reality, the whole process takes less than 10 minutes for the first time and less than 5 minutes subsequent times.
Tip: We are happy to setup the campaign for you, for free!
We are also happy to review your campaign to make sure it’s all set!
Alert: The purpose of the free plan is to demonstrate that you can see the traffic in your Google My Business admin and in Google Analytics. Thus given its traffic and keywords limitations, the ranking effect will be extremely limited, if any (under the free plan).
1. Navigate to your dashboard
2. Click "Create a new campaign"
3. Click "Google My Business"
4. Click this input field and provide an easy-to-recognise campaign name.
5. Open the tab where you have your listing showing up in Google My Business listings.
6. Copy the title of your listing. This is just an example.
7. Paste the title of your GMB listing here.
Alert: It’s the title of your listing that our system is looking for, not the domain name!
8. Click "Save & Continue to step 2"
9. You should only send traffic from the listing’s country.
10. Click "Save & Continue to step 3"
11. Access your Google My Business interface by Googling that or by clicking here https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business/
12. Click on Performance
13. Scroll down here to see the Searches breakdown and click "See more" to review all the keywords.
14. Copy all these keywords in the following page
15. Switch to the "Management Area" Tab
16. Paste all the keywords and divide the search frequency to reflect a month-over-month increase of up to 30%. Your target is to get most of the clicks for that specific search, in Google’s eyes.
For example, if the statistics were over a 6-month period, as they are by default, you need to divide that number by 6x30x3=540. If it’s less than 1, you can set it to 1.
17. Click the "daily search frequency" field.
Alert: Please note that on mobile devices Google only displays 20 results. You need to make sure that your website is in the first 20 results in google.com/maps. Otherwise, you can create two campaigns, one targeting desktops (we look in the first 50 results) and mobiles.
18. Click "Add Keyword"
19. Make sure you add all the keywords here.
20. Click "Finish and go live!"
21. Make sure that your campaign is healthy and enabled. If it’s not healthy, double-check to make sure that all the fields are set.
22. Navigate to your dashboard.
23. 24 hours later, check the statistics to make sure your website is found.
Alert: Wait for 24 hours and check to make sure that your keywords are found. If there are keywords that are not found (more than 10%), please get in touch. It’s normal to have a 10% not-found rate. We compensate for that anyway.
Keywords that are not found 4 times in a row during the past 3 days will no longer be retried for one day. In exchange, the system sends more sessions to keywords that are found.
You should periodically (once a month or so) update the keywords as you might start ranking for new keywords. This is very important.